About this checklist
This is the checklist I use to create V1 of a website.
You should be looking at your website data on a regular basis to determine how to update it to best connect and engage with your customers.
V1 Website pages to include
- Home page
- About page
- Contact page (here is a free template)
- Product / service pages
- Include testimonials & reviews on these pages
- Social proof pages
- Portfolio, work samples or case studies
- Client logos & testimonials
- Company Logo
- Header menu with no more than 5 options
- Clear CTA
- Social Proof (testimonials, “as seen on”, client logos, certifications, stats, etc)
- Featured: posts, videos or resources
The following questions should be answered by the time someone scrolls to the bottom of this page:
- Who are you? What’s your story? Example
- What problem do you solve for your customers?
- Why should they choose to work with you? (Testimonials)
- Who has worked with you before?
- Who has written about you? (Trust bar – that row showing all of the big news sources that wrote about you)
- What services (books, courses, etc) do you offer?
- If you have a blog, what are your top blog posts?
- What is the best way for someone to get in touch with you?
- Logo – hyperlinked to home page of the website
- Contact Us / Me
- Blog / Resource Portal
- CTA button or search box.
- Legal Information (ask your lawyer what to include in this section based on your unique business model.)
- Careers (I use GoHire‘s web-plugin to populate this page).
- Contact Us Page (template)
- About Us Page (example)
- Affiliate application
- Social icons
- Blog / Resources
- Website designer
Learn more about how this footer checklist can improve your SEO, CRO & more via the guide at 9Apple.co
About page checklist
- A brief history (1 – 5 paragraphs)
- The company’s mission statement
- Credibility boosters:
- Press coverage “as seen in”
- Endorsements from industry experts
- A call to action (CTA)
- A photo of you and / or your team.
- People should be looking at the camera or towards the text on the page. Here’s a great example of how I’d position a photo of someone if I wanted to draw attention to MD9’s logo.
Services Page Checklist
- Service title
- Short summary
- What’s the benefit?
- Who is it for?
- Why is this the right solution?
- Focus on benefits, not features
- What’s the process?
- Expected result / outcome with samples, case studies & testimonials supporting this.