About this checklist
This is the checklist I use to create V1 of a website.
You should be looking at your website data on a regular basis to determine how to update it to best connect and engage with your customers.
V1 Website pages to include
- Home page
- About page
- Contact page (here is a free template)
- Product / service pages
- Include testimonials & reviews on these pages
- Social proof pages
- Portfolio, work samples or case studies
- Client logos & testimonials
- Company Logo
- Header menu with no more than 5 options
- Clear CTA
- Social Proof (testimonials, “as seen on”, client logos, certifications, stats, etc)
- Featured: posts, videos or resources
The following questions should be answered by the time someone scrolls to the bottom of this page:
- Who are you? What’s your story? Example
- What problem do you solve for your customers?
- Why should they choose to work with you? (Testimonials)
- Who has worked with you before?
- Who has written about you? (Trust bar – that row showing all of the big news sources that wrote about you)
- What services (books, courses, etc) do you offer?
- If you have a blog, what are your top blog posts?
- What is the best way for someone to get in touch with you?
- Logo – hyperlinked to home page of the website
- Contact Us / Me
- Blog / Resource Portal
- CTA button or search box.
- Legal Information (ask your lawyer what to include in this section based on your unique business model.)
- Careers (I use GoHire‘s web-plugin to populate this page).
- Contact Us Page (template)
- About Us Page (example)
- Affiliate application
- Social icons
- Blog / Resources
- Website designer
Learn more about how this footer checklist can improve your SEO, CRO & more via the guide at 9Apple.co
About page checklist
- A brief history (1 – 5 paragraphs)
- The company’s mission statement
- Credibility boosters:
- Press coverage “as seen in”
- Endorsements from industry experts
- A call to action (CTA)
- A photo of you and / or your team.
- People should be looking at the camera or towards the text on the page. Here’s a great example of how I’d position a photo of someone if I wanted to draw attention to MD9’s logo.
Services Page Checklist
- Service title
- Short summary
- What’s the benefit?
- Who is it for?
- Why is this the right solution?
- Focus on benefits, not features
- What’s the process?
- Expected result / outcome with samples, case studies & testimonials supporting this.
This post was brought to you by Adi Soozin of MD9.co. If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more like this, consider using the affiliate links we include in these posts. They allow us to occasionally earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. This is at no extra cost to you and it supports this website, as well as the composition of future posts, which means we can spend more time writing content. I genuinely recommend everything linked to via this website.
That’s all for now. To stay up to date with my latest posts & guides, follow me on LinkedIn or join the email list via the chatbot in the bottom right corner.